This summer, Qalam Institute will be offering a unique opportunity to spend 10 days in beautiful, historic Turkey. Learn about the rich heritage and faith-tradition you are a part of, as you pray in mosques that are hundreds of years old, as you walk charming streets and marketplaces, taking in the beautiful scenery, culture, and delicious cuisine of one of Islam’s most historic regions.
The program will consist of 10 days in Turkey across three cities: first 3 days in Istanbul, second 3 days in Bursa, third 3 days in Akçakoca, and the last day spent in Istanbul. Each city will bring unique flavor to the program, while carrying the consistent thread of enriching education, training, and companionship throughout the entire duration of our stay. The three main components of the trip will be:
- Learning and appreciating the rich Islamic history of the region
- Covering a traditional text of forty hadith with Ustadh AbdelRahman Murphy
- Benefitting from the companionship of trained mentors, as well as the company of your fellow travelers
What Does My Trip Include?
- Five-star hotels in Istanbul and Bursa, with a four-star beachside resort in Akçakoca. Breakfast buffets included in each of the hotels, with dinner included at Akçakoca.
- Air-conditioned bus transport from city to city, with the group walking on foot, getting the true local experience, during daily excursions.
- Guided historic tours, formal and informal excursions throughout the city and in markets, eating fresh Turkish food at local restaurants – all of this, and more, will be a daily part of this year’s trip.
Look Below for More Detailed Information on Amenities.
Ustadh AbdelRahman Murphy
is a graduate of the University of Illinois at Chicago, with a Bachelor’s in Teaching of English and Religious Studies. He is currently pursuing his Master’s in Mental Health Counseling. He has served as a youth director, Muslim chaplain, and assistant imam in a full-time capacity since 2009. Currently, he is continuing his study of the Quran and Imam Ghazali’s text with Professor Omer Mozaffar, and is working to complete his coursework of the Dars-e-Nizami curriculum directly with Shaykh AbdulNasir Jangda at Qalam where he serves as an instructor for numerous programs.
- 3 Nights stay in Wyndham Old City Istanbul (Breakfast Included)
- 2 Nights accommodations in Sheraton Hotel Bursa (Breakfast Included)
- 2 Nights stay in Otel Akcakoca (Breakfast & Dinner)
- 2 Night stay in Wyndham Old City Istanbul (Breakfast Included)
- Daily open buffet Breakfast with a wide selection of international foods
- Daily open buffet Dinner with a wide selection of international foods (Sky Tower Hotel)
For any questions or concerns contact:
- Meet and Assist by DST representatives in Istanbul Airport upon arrival and departure.
- Bus transportation from Istanbul Airport to Wyndham Old City Istanbul Hotel including luggage transfers.
- 2 Full day tours in Istanbul visiting the historic sites including transportation and knowledgeable English speaking guides.
- Check-in assistance by our representatives in hotels.
- Daily Meeting space booked in Otel Akcakoca Hotel for the program including Tea and Coffee.
- Bus transportation from Wyndham Old City Istanbul Hotel to Almira Bursa Hotel.
- Bus transportation from Sheraton Bursa Hotel to Sky Tower Hotel.
- Bus transportation from Otel Akcakoca Hotel to Wyndham Old City Istanbul Hotel.
- 24 Hour assistance from on the ground DST representatives.
- Bus transportation from Wyndham Old City Istanbul Hotel to Istanbul Airport at the end of the trip.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will be Ustadh AbdelRahman Murphy’s role and involvement with the group?
Ustadh AbdurRahman Murphy will be in charge of all religious affairs for the group. He will accompany the group and will also provide regular lectures. Additionally, there will be plenty of time to meet with him during the trip.
What does my Turkey Trip package include?
Your Turkey Trip package includes the following:
- Round trip ticket (additional cost per person)
- Departure from other alternative airports is available for an additional fee
- Hotel stay in Istanbul, Bursa and Akçakoca with breakfast included at all hotels
- Group sightseeing tour
- Transportation between Istanbul, Bursa and Akçakoca to Ataturk, Istanbul airport via luxury air-conditioned buses
- Daily Meeting space booked in Sky Tower Hotel for the program including Tea and Coffee.
What does my Turkey Trip package NOT include?
Your Turkey Trip package does not include the following:
- Visa processing and courier fees are included
- Hot and Cold Beverages during meals
- Any meals not mentioned in the itinerary
Can I add on other places to visit before or after the trip?
Yes, but there may be additional fees. Please contact Dar El Salam Travels for more details.
Do I need to buy my own domestic ticket and from which airports can I depart?
You may leave from any departure city from which Turkish Airlines flies. Please click here for a list of all eligible North American departure airports. Airline tickets are not included in the package and must be purchased per person from Dar El Salam at an additional cost on top of the Land Package.
If you do not live in a departure city from which Turkish Air flies, you must purchase the domestic ticket for an extra fee from your home city to the departure city of your choice.
Please contact Dar El Salam for more details.
What is the age range suitable for this trip?
The trip is open to people of all ages
Is it safe in Turkey?
Turkey is considered to be safe with a relatively low rate of street crime. However, as in other large metropolitan and tourist areas throughout the world, common street crimes including pick-pocketing and purse snatching do occur. All True Turkey guests should always exercise caution and good judgment when visiting foreign locations.
If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact us via phone or Email. We will be more than happy to answer any other questions you may have.
1-212-725-2022 | email@example.com