We are pleased to offer a special 1 day version of our Stand & Deliver workshop for University MSA’s. This program is open to brothers and sisters and will be an abridged version of the Khateeb workshop and Sister’s Public Speaking workshop.
This workshop will cover:
- Purpose of a khutbah or halaqah – Combining our scholarly traditions as well as surveying thousands of Muslims across the country, we cover what the real expectations are from the audience and how to provide something valuable to them.
- Idea Funnel – Technique to help develop actual topics for a speech. We cover how to take a general idea like “forgiveness” and narrow it down to a practical, actionable, and specific topic.
- Speech Writing – Learn how to construct a speech of any type. This module has the most applicability including general presentations you may have to make (classroom, at events, and even corporate). This covers developing an essay style format speech, how to effectively use narratives, how to properly plagiarize a YouTube video, and one of our special and most effective speech-writing techniques: Reverse-Engineered Narratives.
- Public speaking and speech delivery essentials – This covers our GPS Technique to help keep you from losing your train of thought while speaking and recovering from tangents. It also covers everything you need to know about speaking before, during, and after your speech – including how to create an effective Feedback Loop for yourself.
- Tarbiyyah – Special Tarbiyyah session aimed at spirituality for the speaker.
All sessions except the last one are tailored for both brothers and sisters. Seminar length is roughly 4-5 hours. We suggest a timing of 11am to 5pm with a lunch break.
To request this workshop at your MSA please fill out the contact form below for more information.