1 Year Program
Who is this program for?
We recognize that it is easy for advanced students to feel like they have hit a wall with their Islamic studies.
As an eager student, you have learned a sample of every subject through local classes and seminars. You became active in your community. You studied some Arabic, learned basic fiqh and you might have even spent a summer or 2 overseas (or at least thought long and hard about it).
You may have felt frustrated by the lack of individual time with scholars. The sampling route worked as a beginner, but now you feel this strategy is no longer effective to advance in your studies. You also feel a disconnect between the knowledge you’ve gained and its application. With some focused time with a scholar, you know you could scale this wall you have hit.
These are the students we hope to serve with this full time program.
We are looking for brothers and sisters who:
- Can already read and understand basic classical Arabic texts
- Read Qur’an with proper tajweed
- Have demonstrated community activism (i.e. it’s established and not simply an aspiration).
- We want students who are not only interested in the academic side of their studies, but putting that knowledge into effective service, in a relevant and practical manner, for the Muslim community.
What will graduates of this program accomplish?
Graduates will be prepared to serve their communities as educators, youth directors, assistant imams, and other capacities.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Teach seerah, Quranic reflections, Tajweed, basic hadith collections, everyday Fiqh, and general classes for the community.
- Deliver effective khutbahs and teach workshops for their local communities
- Have the keys to further pursue upper level advanced Islamic studies
- Develop modern and effective curricula for Sunday Schools geared toward addressing the challenges facing kids.
- Provide direction and Islamic teaching at Islamic schools.
- Attain or be on track for relevant ijazat (particularly in recitation of Qur’an).
- Serve as full time youth directors, or as an assistant Imam capacity to an existing scholar
Check out the Qalam Student blog to see what students have been doing.
Visit our Admissions page for detailed information about the process and to complete the online application.